Honoring and recognizing outstanding accomplishments and contributions to the School of Public Health by full-time staff, including the Mark Chaffin Center for Healthy Development (Center for Leadership in Disability, the National SafeCare® Training and Research Center, and Prevent Child Abuse Georgia).
Staff Award Criteria and Nomination/Selection Process
Consideration for a Staff Award shall be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated contributions to the mission of the School of Public Health;
- Demonstrated contributions to the School of Public Health beyond the boundary of their job duties;
- Demonstrated details listed in the award category the applicant is being nominated for; and
- Have been employed as full-time staff at the School of Public Health for at least one year.
- Full-time School of Public Health staff can self-nominate and provide their Nomination Narrative (see application below) for one or more of the Staff Award categories.
- Full-time School of Public Health faculty/staff can nominate a staff member and provide the applicant’s Nomination Narrative (see application below) for one or more of the Staff Award categories.
Nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by the School of Public Health’s Staff Development Committee.
Staff Award Categories
DIFFERENCE MAKER AWARD FOR CREATIVITY AND INGENUITY
This award honors a full-time School of Public Health staff member who has moved the needle on a project, initiative, and/or task that has positively affected the School of Public Health internally and externally.
EXCELLENCE IN INITIATIVE AND PERSEVERANCE AWARD
This award honors a full-time School of Public Health staff member that has demonstrated their ability to be a self-starter. The honoree has shown their determination to stay the course on a task no matter how tedious it is.
OUTSTANDING TEAM PLAYER AWARD
This award honors a full-time School of Public Health staff member that has won their coworkers over due to their dynamic personality. In terms of team chemistry, this honoree has proven that they are an excellent fit.
The deadline for Staff Award nominations is Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 5 p.m. EST.
Please contact Travis Chambers with any questions re: the Staff Awards.