The following scholarships are available to Master of Public Health students.
Eligible students will receive an email from the Office of Academic Affairs to notify them when the application period has opened.
Georgia Health Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarship recipients must have been a Georgia resident for at least one year prior to enrolling in the MPH program;
- Scholarship recipients must expect to work in the public health field in the state of Georgia following graduation from the program;
- Scholarship recipients must have an outstanding academic record, as exhibited by a high undergraduate GPA and/or graduate studies as well as exemplary performance in graduate admission testing (GRE or GMAT);
- Scholarship recipients should have been involved in public health practice and/or volunteerism; and
- Scholarship recipients should identify a specialized field of study or interest that will contribute to improvement of health and well-being in Georgia.
J Rhodes Haverty Memorial Scholarship
For MPH Students; incoming
- Demonstrated financial need;
- Incoming grade point average of 3.0 or higher;
- Legal resident of the state of Georgia;
- Applicants should demonstrate passion for public health and promise as a future public health leader in the state of Georgia.
Judith Ottoson Scholarship
For MPH students
- This scholarship shall be awarded to a student in the Master of Public Health program who has demonstrated financial need, an interest in pursuing program evaluation, and a desire to understand how programs make a difference.
- Applicants must currently have a 3.5 GPA at Georgia State University or have completed their bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- When possible, the scholarship will be granted to an immigrant or child of an immigrant who has become a naturalized citizen or permanent resident.
Kreuter/Katz Family Scholarship
For MPH students
- This scholarship shall be awarded to a student in good academic standing in the Master of Public Health program who has demonstrated financial need.
- The recipients(s) of the award must show a strong interest in health equity and community engagement.
- Applicants must currently have a 3.5 GPA at GSU or have completed their bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 GPA or higher.