Dear School of Public Health community:
Thank you to all who participated in the Town Hall on Racial Equity and Inclusion. The recording of the town hall can be viewed here and below. At this time, I am pleased to announce the members of the School of Public Health Task Force on Racial Equity and Inclusion.
- Collins Airhihenbuwa, PhD, Professor, Health Policy & Behavioral Sciences (Chairperson)
- Travis Chambers, MBA, College Administrative Officer, Dean’s Office
- Denise Gouveia, M.Ed, Director, Office of Academic Assistance & Career Services
- Harry Heiman, MD, MPH, Clinical Associate Professor, Health Policy & Behavioral Sciences
- Katherine Masyn, PhD, Professor, Population Health Sciences
- Amar Mohamed, Undergraduate Student, B.S. in Public Health Program
- Carlos Pavao, DrPH, Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Policy & Behavioral Sciences
- Kim Ramsey-White, PhD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Health Policy & Behavioral Sciences
- Shaunda Scruggs, MS, Graduate Student, DrPH Program
- Shannon Self-Brown, PhD, Professor and Department Chair, Health Policy & Behavioral Sciences
- Christine Stauber, PhD, Associate Professor, Population Health Sciences
- Christa Watson-Wright, PhD, Assistant Professor, Population Health Sciences
I want to thank each of the members of the Task Force for agreeing to serve. The Task Force is charged to: Identify specific actions that the School of Public Health at Georgia State University can take to address and reduce systemic racism and police violence against Black people and other underrepresented groups at the University and in society. This shall include, but not be limited to, the areas of curricula for academic programs, admissions, hiring and promotion/tenure, faculty and staff training, research, student supports, and community engagement and partnerships. The Task Force will begin its work immediately, making recommendations that can be implemented in the short, medium, and long term. The success of this effort will be dependent on all of us, the members of the SPH community. Thank you for your engagement and support. I look forward to moving this work forward, together.