|Transient (Visiting) Status||July 15||December 1||May 1|
Transient (visiting) student status is for one semester only and is for students enrolled in a graduate program at another university. If you wish to enroll for a subsequent semester, you must file a reentry application with the Office of Academic Assistance & Career Services.
Application deadlines are sometimes extended provided there is space available. Contact the Office of Academic Assistance & Career Services at (404) 413-1452 or email@example.com for additional information.
The Office of Academic Assistance & Career Services uses a self-managed application for admission to its graduate programs. It is the applicant’s responsibility to prepare or collect all credentials and submit them on time.
The following items should be e-submitted to gradapply.gsu.edu/apply:
- Transient/Visiting students can apply online via gradapply.gsu.edu/apply.
- $50.00 Application Fee: e-submit and pay application fee online. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Transient Letter: this letter, from your home institution, must state that you are in good academic standing and that you have permission to attend Georgia State University. It should also contain a listing of the courses you plan to take. This letter should be a in a sealed, official envelope from the home institution and mailed to or delivered in person to one of the addresses below.
- Please note that registration is contingent upon receipt of citizenship verification documents.
- Certificate of Immunization: this form is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services (address on form) prior to registration.
Mailing Address (U.S. Postal Service)
Office of Admissions – Graduate Programs
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4018
Atlanta, GA 30302
Delivery Address (FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.)
Office of Admission – Graduate Programs
Georgia State University – Sparks Hall 200
33 Gilmer Street SE
Atlanta, GA 30303