Fall: July 15
Spring: December 1
Summer: May 1
The School of Public Health accepts non-degree students based on course availability. Non-degree students are admitted for a maximum of nine credit hours.
Applicants applying for non-degree status should hold a graduate degree or have been accepted into a graduate program but are no longer actively enrolled. If you are actively enrolled in another graduate program, please apply as a transient/visiting student. Contact the Office of Academic Assistance (OAA) at (404) 413-1452 or firstname.lastname@example.org for approval to submit a non-degree application. Application deadlines are sometimes extended provided there is space available.
The following items should be e-submitted to gradapply.gsu.edu/apply:
- Non-degree seeking students can apply online via gradapply.gsu.edu/apply.
- $50.00 Application Fee: e-submit and pay application fee online. This fee is nonrefundable.
- One official transcript from each college and/or university attended (including Georgia State University, if you attended Georgia State University while earning a different degree). Transcripts are required from all previously attended institutions regardless of length of stay or if the grades are listed on another school’s transcript. (See mailing/delivery address below or send electronically.)
- Statement of Intent: where you describe your goals and why completing coursework in the School of Public Health will help you attain those goals. Please limit your statement to two typed, double-spaced pages. Upload statement to the application.
- Official TOEFL score (for applicants whose native language is not English). If available, please include a copy of your TOEFL score in your application packet.
- International credential evaluation (for applicants who have completed any education outside the U.S.). See the International Applicants section of the website for more details.
- Please note that registration is contingent upon receipt of citizenship verification documents.
- Certificate of Immunization: this is required for accepted applicants who have never attended Georgia State University. If admitted, you must submit this form to Georgia State University Health Services (address on form) prior to registration.
Mailing Address (U.S. Postal Service)
Office of Admissions – Graduate Programs
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4018
Atlanta, GA 30302
Delivery Address (FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.)
Office of Admission – Graduate Programs
Georgia State University – Sparks Hall 200
33 Gilmer Street SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Electronic transcripts must be submitted directly from the institution, either by email or through the use of a transcript ordering site:
Order Site Institution Name: Georgia State University – Graduate Programs