How to Apply
Master of Public Health applicants must complete an application through SOPHAS and a Georgia State graduate admissions application.
Please note that two applications are required for this program:
- SOPHAS Application
- Georgia State University Graduate Admissions Application
Both applications and all supporting documents must be in by the deadline. Please note that SOPHAS verification does not mean your application is complete and ready for review for Georgia State University. All applications must be SOPHAS verified and Georgia State University complete before the review process can begin.
- Step 1: Choose a program (MPH)
- Step 2: MPH students must choose an area of concentration
- Step 3: Complete and submit a SOPHAS application – https://sophas.org
- Step 4: Complete and submit the required online Georgia State University Graduate School Admissions Application via https://gradapply.gsu.edu/apply/ (Select application type: GSU/CAS-Liaison Programs, then select college: School of Public Health)
- Step 5: Send all application materials (except test scores) directly to SOPHAS
During the application process, you will receive emails from our Office of Academic Assistance and Career Services (OAA) containing follow-up questions or confirming receipt of your application. It is important for you to regularly check your email inbox and respond to emails from our OAA staff.
SOPHAS application instructions and FAQs: https://portal.sophas.org/sophasHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/index.html
Complete list of instructions for the Georgia State application materials: http://publichealth.gsu.edu/academic/apply/admissions-requirements/
The GRE is no longer a requirement for admission to the MPH program.
The following documents must be submitted directly to SOPHAS (not Georgia State University):
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (upload/attach to SOPHAS application)
- Transcripts (send directly to SOPHAS): One official transcript from each college and/or university previously attended (including Georgia State University). Transcripts are required regardless of length of stay or if the grades are listed on another institution’s transcript.
Statement of Purpose and Objectives (limit statements to one single-spaced page, or two double-spaced pages):
- Your previous academic and professional experiences as well as any work in the area of health or health care;
- Your career and personal goals and how you believe the degree you are seeking will help you achieve these goals;
- Your specific interest in the Georgia State program.
Three Reference Letters
- When completing the online application in SOPHAS, you will submit the names and email addresses for three individuals knowledgeable about your academic and/or professional abilities. Your recommenders will be sent instructions via e-mail on how to submit their recommendations through the secured application server.
- It is strongly recommended that at least one reference letter is an academic reference, especially if your college graduation has occurred in the last three years. Three professional references will be acceptable if you are unable to obtain an academic reference.
For International Applicants
Official TOEFL or IELTS Scores (for applicants whose native language is not English):
- If available, include a copy of your TOEFL/IELTS scores in your application packet.
- Note for IELTS scores: e-mail “test report form number” to email@example.com
International Credential Evaluation
- Any applicant who has completed all or part of their education outside the United States is required to have foreign credentials evaluated by World Education Services (WES). Study abroad credit is exempt from evaluation. WES is the only evaluation service accepted by SOPHAS. Please view SOPHAS instructions and FAQ’s.