The School of Public Health at Georgia State University offers the Accelerated 4+1 Bachelor of Science/Master of Public Health program to eligible undergraduate students.Through the Accelerated 4+1 BS/MPH program, students can up to 16 graduate credits while completing their Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree. The program is designed to provide students the opportunity to earn both a bachelor's degree and an MPH in just five years, saving time and reducing the overall cost of tuition.
Students interested in the 4+1 program should meet the following admissions criteria:
- Earned a minimum of 75, but no more than 110, credit hours.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (Major, Institutional, Overall)
- Provide the name of two (2) faculty members who can speak to your ability to do graduate work
- Complete an application for consideration
- Complete a personal statement
- Submit an unofficial copy of your transcript
It is highly recommended that all students interested in applying to the 4+1 program speak with their current advisor for guidance on future course sequencing.
To be considered for the Accelerated 4+1 Program, please provide the information complete and submit our signed electronic application form to the Office of Academic Assistance, Suite 300 of the Urban Life Building.
You may also email a scanned copy of the completed form to the School of Public Health’s undergraduate advisor, Mayana Silas, at [email protected].