To begin the practicum, students must complete a proposal that describes their practicum. Students should reference the MPH Competencies and relate their goals to the core and their concentration competencies.
The following steps should be completed, in order, and well in advance of the registration deadline (of the semester the practicum will begin):
- Student identifies Preceptor and Practicum Opportunity
- Student Submits Proposal to Practicum Coordinator
- Practicum Coordinator Approves Practicum
- Student Purchases Professional Liability Insurance
- Practicum Coordinator Grants Permission to Register for PH7960
- Student Registers and Begins Practicum