(From GSU Exchange)
The GSU Exchange can support Public Health in all sorts of ways, including the following:
- Open-enrollment training workshops. Faculty, staff, and students can all attend these workshops. There is a variety of training available, but be sure to check out the Innovative Instructors series, the makerspaces, and the Cool Tools series. We’ve updated our blog to include makerspace updates and other tidbits. We hope you’ll subscribe.
- Consultations. We love to chat about ways to improve student engagement in courses, online or otherwise. You can sign up here, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 3-4700.
- Custom workshops for your faculty, staff, or students. Just tell us what you need and we’ll build some training to help. Or, we’ll open up the lab so that you can deliver your own training. Training usually occurs between 8am-5pm, but we might be able to work out some after hours arrangement. To set up a custom workshop, email the Exchange at email@example.com or use our request form.
- Equipment checkout and recording studio reservations. Just call 3-4700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the recording studio. If you want to check out an item, just drop by between 8am-5pm. It might be a good idea to call to check availability, though.
- Online technology training through Lynda.com or Skillsoft’s Skillport. Lynda is especially awesome, check it out!
Also, other tools and projects that we are exploring,
- We have Camtasia, Captivate, and Presenter in our lab and consultation area. We’ll be happy to show you and your colleagues how to use them. We can do things like annotated screen captures, Khan Academy-style videos, branching scenarios, etc. If you have something else in mind, we’ll be happy to do our best to help.
- We have fun building mobile location-specific games with ARIS.
- We have a Tableau lover on staff who would be excited to help you visualize your data.
- We can show you how to create Edublogs.
- We’re excited about creating videos/scenarios/experiences like this, this or this.
If you ever have any questions about what we do, feel free to contact us at 3-4700 or contact Justin Lonsbury, the Exchange manager, directly at 3-4725.