HEALTH SERVICES AND POLICY RESEARCH (PhD)
||TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
|Required Concentration Courses:
- PH 9220 Principles of Health Service Research I: Thematic Background
- PH 9240 Principles of Health Service Research II: Basic Methods
- PH 8250 Health Economics and Policy
|Advanced Research Methods, Statistics and Electives Courses:
Select at least 6 pre-approved courses in consultation with the Faculty Advisor.
- PH 8285 Social Determinants of Health
- PH 8830 Advanced Statistical Topics
- PH 8885 Fundamentals of Clinical Trials
- PH 8890 Special Topics in Biostatistics
- PH 8290 Population Health Informatics
- ECON 8220 Human Resources and Labor Markets
- PMAP 8141 Microeconomics for Public Policy
- PMAP 8521 Evaluation Research: Design and Practice
- PMAP 9211 Applying Research to Policymaking: Examples from Health Care Policy
- SOCI 8020 Research Methodology
- SOCI 8118 Aging, Health, and Disability
- SOCI 8234 Race-Ethnicity and Health
- STAT 8090 Applied Multivariate Statistics
- STAT 8760 Sample Surveys
Other appropriate research methods/statistics courses may be approved by the Faculty Advisor on the Doctoral Program of Study form.
More information about the Health Services & Policy Research Ph.D. Concentration.